It occurred to me that, if anyone ever reads this, I may come across as- well- slightly less than sane and balanced. I am, of course. Less, that is. But just to confirm the impression, below is a sort of get-to-know-you-by-asking-mostly-irrelevant-questions email survey I received a few months ago.
Let the inconsequential revelations begin!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00 am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls, preferably black ones
3. What was the last film you saw at the movies? Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
4. What is your favorite TV show? Anything interesting and funny that I happen to see while walking by on the way to a bookshelf or a computer
5. What did you have for breakfast? Too much blood in my caffeine system- replenished it with coffee
6. What is your middle name? Lisa Miriam
7. What is your favorite cuisine? All kinds of Italian, but Northern’s the best
8. What foods do you dislike? Anything bland or synthetic-tasting
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Plain blue corn tortilla with salt
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Douglas Adams’ Salmon of Doubt on CD
11. What type of car do you drive? 2001 Nissan Altima
12. Favorite sandwich? Cold grilled portobello mushroom with buffalo mozzarella and aioli
13. What characteristic do you despise? Certainty with no or inadequate information
14. Favorite item of clothing? Mephistopheles vs. Michael t-shirt
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? While I’m fantasizing- Cairo, Luxor, Istanbul, Baghdad, Jericho and Jerusalem, without worrying about being shot
16. What color is your bathroom? Deep clay, with forest green, maroon, and terra cotta accents
17. Favorite brand of clothing? No favorite brand- favorite designers are Lanvin, Sui and Gaultier
18. Where would you retire to? An island in the Pacific that I own (again with the fantasizing)- probably somewhere in the Southwest
19. Favorite time of the day? Midnight to 1 am on a starry night
21. Where were you born? Washington, D.C.
22. Favorite sport to watch? Basketball or any game a friend is playing
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? I plead the fifth.
24. Person you expect to send it back? What do I look like, a mind reader?
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Sun or Arm and Hammer
26. Coke or Pepsi? Orange juice
27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night by preference, but only if I can sleep late
28. What is your shoe size? Yergh. 10.
29. Do you have any pets? Do dust bunnies count?
30. Any new and exciting news you would like to share with family & friends? Finished editing my poetry for publication
31. What did you want to be when you were little? An astronomer/astrophysicist or a neurosurgeon or a marine biologist or a (you get the idea)…